Greystone on Golden Lake has put many environmental practices in place and continues to find new ways to operate and develop a sustainable and environmentally friendly lakeside retreat. Below is an overview of Greystone’s current sustainable initiatives; it’s an ever growing list so check back often.
In the Garden
We grow herbs & vegetables in our Organic gardens
In our on-site organic garden we grow as much as we can ourselves to craft your meals. Enjoy fresh and healthy vegetables brought directly from our garden to your breakfast table.
- We compost all kitchen scraps & feed
- Employ permaculture principals including edible landscaping and Organic Methods.
Seedlings are grown on site in our seed area.
In the Kitchen
- Organic Coffee that is roasted nearby
- Herbs & spices come from our organic gardens to make fresh meals, teas & jams
- Purchase produce locally whenever possible.
- Recycling programs for glass, metal, paper and plastic.
Minimizing the amount of printed materials and reusing them at every opportunity
Electric Vehicle Charging
- 2 Tesla Motors-High Power Wall Connecter (HPWC): Level 2 (208V, up to 16 kW, up to 80 amps
- Energize your Tesla with complimentary high powered connectors. Drivers can monitor their charging while connected with Greystone’s complimentary WiFi.